REHIS Elementary Cooking Skills - A Traditional Christmas Menu
A Traditional Christmas Menu!
Participants will increase their basic food preparation skills, increase their basic cooking skills, gain an awareness of food safety, along with getting into the festive spirit and learning to cook A Traditional christmas Menu.
Accredited by REHIS - The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland.
Both Campus Sites
Aimed at those who are 16 years old and older.
The following learning outcomes should be achieved from the particiapnts:
- Demonstrate the importance of personal hygiene
- Understand the importance of food safety during food preparation, cooking & storage
- understand and be able to follow a recipe
- Demonstrate basic food preparation techniques
- understand and demonstrate basic cooking methods
- Have the ability to put the aquired knowledge of practical food skills into practice in a variety of settings.
Delegates will learn skills and knowledge to successfully prepare and present festive dishes, such as:
Day 1 - Starter
Twisted Spiced Bread with Honey and Tahini Butter
Chestnut & Parsnip Soup
Classic Pickled Prawn Cocktail
Port & Chicken Liver Pate
Day 2 - Main
Traditional Roast Turkey with Stuffed legs
Brussel Sprouts with Smoked Bacon and Chestnuts
Carrots with orange and Thyme
Creamed Potatoes and Chives
Classic Roast Potatoes
Day 3 - Desserts
Classic Sherry Trifle
Additional funding information
Non-Scottish residents, can still undertake this course, however full course fee applies. Please enquire for details on full cost.
Course Contact Details
Telephone: 01387 734199