Official CompTIA PenTest+ (PT0-001 Cyber Security Series) Certification
Want an exciting career in Cyber Security? Or looking to gain further insight into vulnerability management and penetration testing? Achieving a CompTIA PenTest+ Certificate is the answer to both of these questions.
With the knowledge and skills obtained throughout the course, any graduate will have the necessary tools to become an Ethical Hacker, Penetration Tester, Security Analyst, or any other role that is included in Cyber Security.
Once you have successfully completed the course and exam you will be well prepared to help protect networks against malicious attacks. Furthermore, you will be able to customise assessment frameworks, help discuss options with colleagues, and report findings confidently.
Looking for a career in Cyber Security? Join our Cyber Security Job Academy Programme today.
Why study the CompTIA PenTest+ course with e-Careers?
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 600,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
Our courses cover many different sectors and are perfect for both UK and International learners. IT and Cyber Security courses offered are one of our most popular subjects. With an ever-increasing demand for professionals in these sectors, our highly respected courses help graduates move into in-demand sectors sucessfully.
Other advantages when choosing us:
- Learning that is tailored for your learning style.
- Tips to improve your CV and employability.
- We are a CompTIA recognised partner.
- Financial plans that are flexible to fit around you.
Is the CompTIA PenTest+ course suitable for me?
If you have no experience or knowledge of Cyber Security but are interested in this industry, then the CompTIA PenTest+ Certification is the best choice for you.
Individuals that have previously studied CompTIA courses, not in Cyber Security but want to start a career in it would greatly benefit from the course as they will be familiar with the course structure.
Flexible learning is a top priority to allow students to fit studying around their lives. Therefore, individuals that have many other commitments would benefit greatly from the learning format.
There are no previous qualifications required to enrol in this course. However, the course has been designed to be taken after completing the CompTIA Security+ Certification. Therefore, if you have no knowledge regarding IT and Cyber Security, we recommend enrolling into this course first.
How will the CompTIA PenTest+ course benefit me?
There are many advantages to studying this course. Here some of the amazing benefits you will receive:
- Essential IT skills and knowledge required to carry out roles in Cyber Security
- A competitive edge over other candidates when applying for promotions or new roles
- CompTIA certification is often the base requirement to entry-level roles
- Internationally recognised, providing the option to work abroad
If you have no previous experience in IT but are interested in beginning your career in it then a CompTIA PenTest+ Certification is perfect to highlight your skills when applying to stand out from other applicants. Once a job has been secured, you will be able to carry out the daily tasks with ease.
Current IT professionals that want to focus on Cyber Security would benefit greatly from this course. With fundamental knowledge of securing systems and using penetration testing tools, you will be one step closer to starting your new career.
Join our Cyber Security Job Academy Programme for a career-boosting training package and job placement opportunity.
What jobs can I apply for after my CompTIA PenTest+ training?
In the United Kingdom, the average salary for a Cyber Security professional is £70k annually. However, to achieve this you will need additional experience and knowledge.
From this course, the roles you can apply for with confidence include the following:
- Security Analyst - £50k
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst - £51k
- Penetration Tester - £55k
- Vulnerability Tester - £55k
- Network Security - £60k
Syllabus & Exams
CompTIA PenTest+ Syllabus
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Penetration Testing
- Module 3: Planning and Scoping Penetration Tests
- Module 4: Information Gathering
- Module 5: Vulnerability Scanning
- Module 6: Analysing Vulnerability Scans
- Module 7: Exploit and Pivot
- Module 8: Exploiting Network Vulnerabilities
- Module 9: Exploiting Physical and Social Vulnerabilities
- Module 10: Exploiting Application Vulnerabilities
- Module 11: Exploiting Host Vulnerabilities
- Module 12: Scripting for Penetration Testing
- Module 13: Reporting and Communication
CompTIA PenTest+ Exam Details
The CompTIA Project+ exam certifies the skills and knowledge you’ve gained through this certification, enabling you to effectively plan and scope an assessment, understand compliance and legal requirements, and know how to perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing.
Number of questions - Maximum of 85 questions.
Exam format - Performance-based, multiple-choice questions.
Duration - 165 minutes per exam
Pass mark -750/900 (83%).