NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate – Virtual Classroom
The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is a UK-based independent examination board. It delivers vocational qualifications in health, safety, environmental practices and management.
In its 40 plus years of operation, more than 400,000 people have gained a NEBOSH qualification. It currently provides health and safety qualifications for around 30,000 candidates per year, with courses available in 80 countries.
Environmental excellence and social responsibility
The NEBOSH Environmental Certificate equips candidates with the knowledge and understanding to demonstrate environmental excellence and social responsibility.
This is essential for organisations who wish to avoid prosecution, litigation, and loss of reputation.
Organisations with employees who have passed the NEBOSH environmental certificate are well-placed to introduce and maintain the environmental management standard of ISO 14001.
A course designed by professionals
The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is the culmination of extensive research with environmental professionals, employers, professional bodies and regulators. This ensures the course is both rigorous and relevant, but also achievable and practical.
According to NEBOSH, around two-thirds of health and safety practitioners now deal with environmental management as part of their overall day-to-day responsibilities at work. As such, the knowledge gained from the NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is vital for many health and safety professionals.
Why study the NEBOSH environmental training with e-Careers?
- We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 605,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
- By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
- You will also benefit from:
- Exam Pass Guarantee*.
- Fast-track your learning with our Virtual Classroom course.
- Enhance your career prospects.
- Learn from expert trainers, with vast experience in this field.
- We offer interest-free payment options.
Who is this course suitable for?
Typically, candidates who undertake NEBOSH environmental training have responsibility for managing environmental issues as part of their work. However, it is also suitable for anyone who wishes to start a career in environmental management.
This NEBOSH course is open to anyone who needs to gain a sound understanding of the principles of environmental management, including those who wish to advance their career.
The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate is for all companies and organisations who understand the importance of implementing effective environmental management systems.
There is no better training for equipping employees and managers with the principles of managing environmental risks.
Learning outcomes of the NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management:
- understand a range of environmental issues so that you can improve environmental performance and reduce harm
- work within an environmental management system and contribute to continual improvement
- recognise environmental aspects and associated impacts, and evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls
- support decision-making with ethical, legal and financial arguments
- understand the links between your organisation’s activities and wider environmental issues
Syllabus and Assessments
The NEBOSH Environmental Certificate covers two units: EMC1 and EMC2.
Unit EMC1 - Environmental management
- Examination (to be downloaded, completed, and submitted in 24 hours)Learners will be required to review a real-life scenario and answer theoretical and practical questions on environmental management.
Unit EMC2 - Assessing environmental aspects and associated impacts
- Practical AssessmentLearners will be required to assess environmental aspects and impacts in their chosen workplace.
The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate is assessed in two parts
Unit EMC1, candidates are assessed by a written examination (to be downloaded, completed, and submitted in 24 hours), in which they must demonstrate their knowledge gained through the course.
Unit EMC2 is a practical assessment, which is carried out at the candidate’s workplace. The practical assessment must be submitted within 14 days of the exam date booked.
A unit certificate is issued denoting achievement of each unit.
After that, a certificate award parchment is issued upon completion of both units.
If you are booking the classroom course, your exam cost will be included within the price. If you are booking on to the e-learning course your exams will be an extra fee and will need to be booked separately. Dates for E-learning will be released on the 1st December 2021.
Exam dates are set by NEBOSH and can be found on our 'book a NEBOSH exam' page