Microsoft Excel 2019
What is the MS Excel 2019 course?
This Microsoft Excel course explores and teaches you the skills that you'll need in many modern-day workplaces. Microsoft Excel can be applied to almost every industry, to speed up processes, monitor financial progress, and much more.
Microsoft Office needs no introduction. It's a widely used application in work and life for a variety of different tasks. Whether you're tracking your finances as a self-employed homeworker, preparing spreadsheets and graphics to illustrate company performance, or keeping a set of figures in an admin/finance role, proven skills in the field will help you progress and stand out from the crowd.
The standards are widely recognised, and the course is an official one, so why not make your mark and see where recognised computer skills could take you.
We're proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 12,000 reviews from our past students.
Is the MS Excel 2019 online course right for me? Whether you're self-employed or working in a business, you'll need to track your finances, prepare spreadsheets, and graphs to illustrate company performance and targets. This is a great course to ensure you have the necessary skillset to carry out these tasks.
What job could I get with a Microsoft Excel 2019 qualification?
With this course, you can enhance your current CV and take on a role where you're dealing with an Excel spreadsheet daily. This package also works well with other courses such as AAT Accounting qualifications.
Why study MS Excel 2019 Online Course with e-Careers?
- Ideal to purchase for staff training and development at work
- Testing and refreshing your knowledge can have benefits at home, whether you use Excel to track personal accounts or for small business data
- Prove your Excel skills at work and find new opportunities for progression
- Ideal first step towards achieving a full MOS Office Specialist qualification in all programmes
- Refresh and update your skills with exam preparation material and additional resources
What is the MS Excel online course modules?
This package is made up of three courses:
MS Excel 2019: Introduction
- Follow 34 lessons with approx. 17 study hours
- Familiarise yourself with MS Excel 2019, its documents, and controls
- Learn to create tables step by step
- Find out how to enter values correctly into the cells
- Learn how to set up cell formatting, including conditional formatting
- Study the manipulation of each cell and cell range
- Learn to work with worksheets and entire files
- Discover how to create a chart
- Learn to create calculations using basic arithmetic formulas
MS Excel 2019: Intermediate
- Follow 35 lessons with approx. 18 study hours
- Follow interactive lessons focused mainly on performing calculations
- Broaden your basic knowledge by the application of logical and text functions
- Understand the principles of referencing to the values in other cells
- Learn to fill cells with a series of data
- Familiarise yourself with the advanced options of sorting and filtering data
- Study searching for specific values in extensive tables
- Examine how to split longer text entries in tables into individual data placed into several columns
MS Excel 2019: Advanced
- Follow 29 lessons with approx. 15 study hours
- Focus on the creation of charts and automation of the work in the program using macros
- Also, examine the insertion of various graphical elements into worksheets i.e. shapes or SmartArt graphics
- Learn to prepare a table or entire worksheet before printing
- Familiarise yourself with the options of protecting and sharing the workbook content
- Look at the usage of macros, including their creation, editing and the options of macro security
What does the MS Excel 2019 course cover?
This official Microsoft exam could include questions based on the following topics:
- Creation of worksheets and workbooks - including importing data from a delimited text file, adding worksheets to existing workbooks, and copying or moving a worksheet
- Navigating around worksheets and workbooks - this could look at searching for data in a workbook, navigating to specific cells, range, or a workbook element, or inserting and removing hyperlinks
- Formatting topics - renaming a worksheet, changing tab colours, modifying page setups or worksheet orders, or inserting and deleting columns/rows. You may also be tested on workbook themes and how to change them, altering the height or width of rows and columns, and inserting headers and footers into a worksheet
- Different customisation and view options - this could be hiding or un-hiding columns and rows, customising the popular quick access toolbar or modifying document properties. Other topics could focus on changing workbook and window views, different uses of the zoom tool, and display formulas
- Configuration of worksheets and workbooks - this topic is all about setting up spreadsheets for distribution, so may include setting print areas and scaling, saving workbooks in alternative file formats and inspecting workbooks for accessibility or compatibility issues
- Managing data cells and ranges - could test you on replacing data, special paste options for data, using AutoFill, and deleting cells
- Formatting cells and organising data - testing your knowledge on topics such as modifying cell alignment, using format painter, and applying number formats and cell styles. Also, look out for inserting sparklines and outline data, and applying conditional formatting
- Creating tables - you could be examined on creating Excel tables from cell ranges, inserting, or removing rows or columns, filtering records, and removing duplicate records
- Performing tasks using formulas and functions - this could include performing calculations using the SUM, COUNT or AVERAGE functions, performing logical operations using IF, SUMIF, or COUNTIF functions, and formatting text using a variety of tools
- Creating charts and objects. Become familiar with creating charts, adding additional data, switching between elements in the source data, and analysing data using Quick Analysis. You may also be tested on formatting charts and their elements, applying layouts and styles, or inserting and formatting objects