Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation and Practitioner with Foundation Exam
Do you want to learn how to manage programmes effectively? With the Axelos Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Foundation & Practitioner, you can.
For over 20 years, this qualification has provided professionals with the knowledge to implement industry best practice in business strategy, execution and project management.
Learn from a variety of instructor-led videos and independent course material from the MSP Foundation & Practitioner training package, which can be accessed at all times online through our eLearning training platform. Whether you are at home or at work, you can study at a time and place that suits you best.
MSP® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The swirl logo ™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Is the Managing Successful Programmes Foundation & Practitioner course suitable for me?
The MSP Foundation & Practitioner package is ideal for those delegate looking to take and pass their MSP Foundation & Practitioner examinations.
This MSP training course would also benefit anyone that meets the following:
- Project and programme managers that want to showcase an internationally recognised qualification.
- Individuals interested in fast career progression.
- Employees in project management looking to improve productivity.
- Professionals interested in cross-training that have an interest in programme and project management.
This course includes both the MSP Foundation Certificate and MSP Practitioner Certificate training.
How will the MSP Foundation & Practitioner course benefit me?
This MSP Foundation & Practitioner training will teach you the essential techniques needed for programme management.
When you complete this MSP training course and Foundation exam, you can sit and pass your Practitioner exam (purchased separately).
Additional benefits include:
- Learn how project and programme management concepts are used in real working environments.
- Improve efficiency from all project and programme management team members.
- Increase chances of promotion or getting advanced positions in the sector.
What jobs can I apply for after my Managing Successful Programmes training?
The course will ensure all individuals can successfully manage large transformation projects or multiple projects at once that combine to create a programme. This information learnt is essential for any career within the sector.
Once you have completed this course, you will:
- Be better able to take part as a member of a programme change management project team.
- Be better able to apply the MSP framework to company projects, raising standards and success rates accordingly.
- Be able to provide basic Managing Successful Projects guidance to colleagues or third parties.
- Have the skills and experience required to work as part of a programme management team or secure a job elsewhere in the sector.
- The MSP Foundation level qualification is a mandatory requirement for professionals who want to extend their programme management knowledge and work towards the MSP Practitioner certification.
Upon completion of project management courses, you can apply to gain your PDU points.
Why choose to study the Managing Successful Programmes course with e-Careers?
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 600,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
If you’re considering this package but want to know more about the benefits you will receive, keep reading:
- All will learn how to enhance project and programme team outcomes.
- Understand all essential techniques that can apply to real-world projects.
- Pass your MSP Foundation & Practitioner exams with ease.
- Flexible learning allows you greater freedom when studying.
Syllabus & Exams
MSP Foundation & Practitioner Syllabus
- MSP Introduction and Overview
- MSP Framework and Concepts
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Defining a Programme
- Planning and Control
- Benefits Realisation Management
- Organisation and the Programme Office
- The Business Case
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering the Capability and Realising the Benefits
- Quality Management
- Risk Management and Issue Resolution
- Closing a Programme
Core concepts of the MSP framework
- Importance of developing a vision for projects and programmes
- Building a blueprint from the vision statement that outlines the project fundamentals.
- Writing a programme definition document that helps to clarify what needs to be achieved.
- Developing a programme plan that helps put project controls in place.
- Using benefits realisation management to ensure that programmes deliver the expected positive outcomes.
- Restructuring the organisation to support the project and implementing a Programme Office to deliver change.
- The business case for programmes.
- The importance of leaders, rather than managers when delivering transformational change.
- The use of tranches to simplify project delivery.
- Delivering the capability and realising the benefits outlined in the project dossier.
- The importance of Quality Management to ensure deliverables are of an acceptable standard.
- Using risk management and issue resolution to keep programme tranches on track.
- Completing a project and obtaining sign off from stakeholders.
MSP Foundation Exam Details
IMPORTANT : You will need to ensure your device is compatible for you to take your exams. Please check and follow the official guidelines here.
Students will have their knowledge of programme management techniques tested to ensure that they understand the foundational principles of the Managing Successful Programmes framework and how they are applied in a corporate environment.
Exam Format - Multiple-choice questions.
Number of questions - 75 questions per paper with one mark available per question. Five questions to be trial and not counted in scores.
Pass marks - 35/70 (50%).
Duration - 60-minutes.
Open book - No
MSP is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.