ITIL® Service Operations - Virtual Classroom
The ITIL Service Operation Course from AXELOS concentrates on the principles, processes and operational activities that allow individuals and organisations to manage how their services and products perform.
Our training course enables businesses and IT teams to efficiently support and maintain their services and products, providing an improved user journey as well as resources.
Key learnings include:
- Service operation principles & processes.
- Common service operation activities.
- Technology considerations.
- Implementation of service operation.
- Challenges, critical success factors, risks.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The swirl logo ™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Is the ITIL Service Operations course suitable for me?
Our ITIL Service Operation training course would suit IT professionals, including:
- Release Manager
- Security Administrator
- Applications Support
- IT Operations Manager
- Database Administrator
- Problem Manager
- Service Desk
- Incident Manager
- Network Support
- Security Manager
How will the ITIL Service Operations course benefit me?
In addition to gaining valuable skills and earning internationally recognised certifications, you will also:
- Gain the key knowledge to work effectively in your industry.
- Gain a systematic and professionally valued approach to best practice methodology.
- Increase your ability to identify, plan and support the IT services in a business.
- Increased productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Gain the knowledge to focus on the needs of your customers and user experience.
- Improve employment prospects.
- Learn the best practices on how to increase business productivity.
- Be able to identify and concentrate on highest value activities.
What jobs can I apply for after my ITIL Service Operations training?
Once qualified, you will be eligible to apply for a range of job roles, including:
- Service Desk and Incident Manager – £23k
- Security Administrator - £25k
- Database Administrator - £31k
- Applications Support - £32k
- Network Support - £44k
- Problem Manager - £45k
- Problem Manager - £45k
- IT Operations Manager - £48k
- Release Manager - £56k
Why study the ITIL Service Operations course with e-Careers?
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 595,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 9,000 students.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
You will also benefit from:
- Exam Pass Guarantee*.
- Fast-tracking your learning with our virtual classroom course.
- Enhance your career prospects.
- Learn from expert trainers, with vast experience in this field.
- We offer interest-free payment options.
Exam Pass Guarantee to give you peace of mind to succeed
Our virtual classroom training has provided high pass rates, which has made us confident to offer an Exam Pass Guarantee. Have peace of mind, knowing we’ll support you until you are certified.
With our Exam Pass Guarantee, if you do not pass the exam after attending our training course, you can attend the same training again for free.
All we ask is that you:
- Attend all class days and complete all assignments.
- Take the exam within 30 days of your Virtual Classroom training.
- Request your course re-enrolment within 30 days of the failed exam attempt.
Students retaking the course must use any materials or books distributed to them in their original course session. Failure to provide these materials will result in the student being charged for replacement(s).
*Exam Pass Guarantee does not include the resit exam; this would be an additional cost.
Syllabus & Exams
ITIL Service Operations Syllabus
- Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following areas:
- Service operation principles & processes
- Common service operation activities
- Technology considerations
- Implementation of service operation
- Challenges, critical success factors, risks, and more
Introduction to service operation
- The purpose, objectives, and scope of service operation
- The value to the business
- The context of service operation in the ITIL service lifecycle
- The fundamental aspects of service operation and the ability to define them
Service operation principles
- How an understanding of the basic conflict between maintaining the status quo and adapting to changes in business needs can lead to better service operation
- Other service operation principles including involvement in other lifecycle stages; understanding operational health; the need for good documentation and communication including a communication strategy
- Service operation inputs and outputs
Service operation processes
- The use, interaction, and value of each of the service operation processes, event management, incident management, request fulfilment, problem management, and access management
Common service operation activities
- How the common activities of service operation are co-ordinated for the ongoing management of the technology that is used to deliver and support the services
- How monitoring, reporting and control of the services contributes to the ongoing management of the services and the technology that is used to deliver and support the services
- How the operational activities of processes covered in other lifecycle stages contribute to service operation
- How IT operations staff should look for opportunities to improve the operational activities
Organising for service operation
- The role, objectives, and activities of each of the four functions of service operation: service desk, technical management, IT operations management, and application management
- Service operation roles and responsibilities, where and how they are used as well as how a service operation organisation would be structured to use these roles
- The generic requirements of technologies that support service management across all lifecycle stages
- The specific technology required to support the service operation processes and functions
Implementation of service operation
- Specific issues relevant to implementing service operation including managing change in service operation; assessing and managing risk in service operation; operations staff involvement in service design and service transition
- Planning and implementing service management technologies within a company
Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related to service operation.
ITIL Service Operations Exam Details
IMPORTANT : You will need to ensure your device is compatible for you to take your exams. Please check and follow the official guidelines here.
Exam format – Multiple-choice.
Duration – 90-mins.
Pass mark – 28/40 (70%).