ILM Level 2 Award in Effective Mentoring Skills
Designed for delegates who wish to develop their skills in effective mentoring. This course will provide delegates with a better understanding of the skills necessary to mentor young people or those in the early stages of their careers.
Benefits to individuals:
- Developing an understanding of the role and nature of mentoring
- Utilising mentoring skills to reflect on own performance and learning key listening and questioning techniques
- Understanding how to organise mentoring activities and plan for effective mentoring sessions
- Reflecting on own performance and defining the goals, progress and actions required.
Benefits to employer:
- Gives employees the skills and knowledge to develop mentoring
- Practice within their own roles and responsibilities
- Develops a mentoring culture in organisation by introducing mentoring skills and techniques.
8584-200 Understanding mentoring
This unit helps learners to develop an understanding of the role an nature of mentoring
8584-201 Developing Mentoring Skills
This unit will enable learners to undertake mentoring, reflect on their own performance and identify areas of improvement
a written knowledge-based assignment and a skills-based portfolio which includes evidence of workplace mentoring.
ILM Level 3 Effective Coaching and Mentoring
Course Contact Details