ICB Associate Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts (Level 3)
This ICB training course will teach you how to reconcile bank statements with company ledgers, prepare VAT returns and reconciliations, prepare ledgers and control accounts for a wide range of different companies.
With the ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts training course, you will learn how to post end-of-year adjustments and prepare and manage the final accounts for sole traders, partnerships and not-for-profit organisations efficiently.
We're proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 13,000 reviews from our past students.
Is the ICB Associate Certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounts course suitable for me?
The ICB Associate Certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounts (Level 3) is the perfect course for you if:
- You have either gained the qualifications for the Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping or already gained a similar qualification through a registered and legitimate governing body.
- Are interested in improving your employability or wanting to progress in your career by increasing your knowledge and skills of bookkeeping.
- Require the necessary skills and qualifications to do the same duties as a chartered bookkeeper, regardless of if you work in full-time employment, or need the skills for your own business.
It is required that you have already completed the ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping or a similar qualification that has been accredited through an awarding governing body.
How will the ICB Associate Certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounts benefit me?
Due to the flexibility of the course, you can decide where you would like to carry out the three online assessments, whether it is from your office at work, or sitting comfortably at home.
All our online courses and qualifications are split into small sections to guarantee you understand every part of the course in-depth and put what you have learnt into practice when you finish the course.
You will also gain more experience with the Sage 50 Accounts software, which is widely used throughout the UK.
What jobs can I apply for after my ICB Associate Certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounts training?
Once you have completed the ICB Associate Certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounts Level 3, you will be able to manage and prepare final accounts for a multitude of different businesses, from sole traders to partnerships and not-for-profit organisations.
Gaining this qualification will give you the tools and knowledge to succeed in bookkeeping related jobs that use either traditional accounting systems or digital accounting systems.
Typical average salaries for Bookkeepers in the UK is £23k.
Why choose to study the ICB Associate Certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounts with e-Careers?
If you are looking to gain your Level 3 qualification, this is the right course for you. After you complete this course, you can use the designatory letters AICB after your name once you upgrade your membership to Associate Member. You will also gain the Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts, which is accredited by the highly prestigious Institute of Certified Bookkeepers.
You will have gained the knowledge, skills, and qualifications necessary to put what you have learnt into practice, which is key for increasing employability and improving your employee worth.
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 600,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
Syllabus & Exams
ICB Associate Certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounts Syllabus
The ICB Level 3 course will cover the following modules:
- Final accounts of non-incorporated businesses
- Reconciliation of accounts and correction of errors
- VAT Returns
- Calculate and post adjustments to the ledgers
What does ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts online course cover?
During this course, you will learn:
- Why it is essential to adhere to a set of ethical principles.
- How and when it is appropriate to take action in the event of unethical behaviour in the workplace.
- The definition, and correct application, of specific terms including business entity, going historical cost, consistency and prudence and accruals.
- The legal requirements and obligations involved in the process of forming a partnership.
- How to understand, and competently demonstrate, different ways of processing VAT for both EU and non-EU transactions.
- To understand the different types of VAT management systems including the VAT Margin Scheme.
- By the end of the course, you will be able to confidently carry out the following tasks to the appropriate industry standard:
- Prepare a bank reconciliation statement for a business/company/organisation.
- Account for VAT and prepare a VAT return to an acceptable industry standard.
- Prepare a ledger account for the purposes of recording the disposal of a fixed asset.
- Calculate any profit or loss caused by the disposal of a fixed asset and record these findings in accordance with current regulation and best practices.
- Calculate adjustments to accounts when and if appropriate.
- Prepare the final accounts for almost any type of non-incorporated business - this would include calculating, processing and accurately recording any adjustments made to the account in question, including:
- Opening and closing stock
- Financial provisions for doubtful debt
- Depreciation of fixed assets
ICB Associate Certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounts Exam Details
The exam consists of 3 online assessments that you take from home or work, and 1 assessment that you can take at a registered external ICB centre.