CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting
This course is suitable for individuals interested in starting a new career in Business or Management Accounting that have no prior experience. The CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting provides an introduction into the accounting field providing students the chance to explore everything the industry has to offer.
Enhance your knowledge of finance with this course, allowing you to understand the core principles needed for business finance.
The core sections covered in the course include:
- Fundamentals of Business Economics (BA1)
- Fundamentals of Management Accounting (BA2)
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting (BA3)
- Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law (BA4)
We offer two CIMA qualifications: CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting and the CIMA Professional Qualification (which include Operational Level, Management Level, and Strategic Level).Save money, check out our CIMA Professional Package which includes both CIMA Business Accounting and Professional Accounting courses! We're proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 13,000 reviews from our past students.
Is The CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting suitable for me?
The CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting is the perfect choice for individuals looking to start their accounting career, also for those with little or no work experience and are looking for a change in career.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Check out our CIMA Professional Package, to save money by buying all three CIMA Professional qualifications together in one package, instead of buying them individually.
How will the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting benefit me?
CIMA has over 100 years of experience with courses that are internationally recognised. Qualifications from CIMA are well respected by employers from all industries. CIMA courses promote professionalism and the understanding of the core skills required for management accounting.
Additional CIMA benefits include:
- There are no prerequisites for studying this CIMA qualification
- After 12 months qualified, 63% of students receive a bonus
- Average salary expectations for CGMAs members: £66,000
- Networking opportunities with over 650,000 members
- Different roles available once qualified such as finance, consultative, and management roles
- 96% of FTSE 100 companies hire CIMA qualified professionals
- International presence in 179 countries across the globe
Professional - Operational Level
After completing the tests and Case Study exam, you will receive the CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting and will gain the designatory letters CIMA Dip MA.
Professional - Management Level
After completing the tests and Case Study exam, you will receive the CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting and will gain the designatory letters CIMA Adv Dip MA.
Professional - Strategic Level
On completion of the Strategic level tests and Case Study exam, you will be eligible to submit your practical experience for assessment.
The practical experience requirement (PER) is an essential part of the CIMA Qualification and CIMA’s application process. It complements assessments and demonstrates your ability to apply knowledge and skills in the context of your professional experience.
Your PER application will be assessed to determine whether you have gained sufficient experience to be awarded Associate membership – giving you the Associate Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA) and Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designations.
In order to become a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), you require a minimum of three years verified relevant work-based practical experience.
What jobs can I apply for after my CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting training?
Through robust financial management, companies have the ability to become more efficient and improve performance. As a CIMA professional you will always aim to achieve this.
Studying CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting will provide you with the necessary requirements to apply for positions in Management Accounting and Business Finance. Salaries are expected to be between £25k to £32k.
By continuing to study CIMA Professional Qualifications, average salaries can double.
Upon completion of BA1, BA2, BA3, and BA4 exams, you will receive the CIMA Cert BA designatory letters.
Why choose to study the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting with e-Careers?
We have trained over 600,000 students over the last 10 years! Our multi-award-winning learning platform has one of the highest pass rates for all courses offered in the industry.
We're proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 13,000 reviews from our past students.
- Our training material has been officially approved by CIMA
- Flexible study schedule to fit around your other commitments
- Financial payment plans with interest-free options
- A variety of essential learning material including study books, exam preparation guides, mock revision kits, and eLearning
- Tutor support on request
- Designatory Letters
- Receive a Certificate in Business Accounting
- TrustPilot scores us 5 stars!
Once you have successfully completed the BA1, BA2, BA3, and BA4 exams, you will gain the designatory letters CIMA Cert BA.
Syllabus & Exam
CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting Syllabus
Fundamentals of Business Economics (BA1)
- A. Macroeconomic and Institutional Context of Business (25%)
- B. Microeconomic and Organisational Context of Business (30%)
- C. Informational Context of Business (20%)
- D. Financial Context of Business (25%)
Fundamentals of Management Accounting (BA2)
- A. The Context of Management Accounting (10%)
- B. Costing (25%)
- C. Planning and Control (30%)
- D. Decision Making (35%)
Fundamentals of Financial Accounting (BA3)
- A. Accounting Principles, Concepts and Regulations (10%)
- B. Recording Accounting Transactions (50%)
- C. Preparation of Accounts for Single Entities (30%)
- D. Analysis of Financial Statements (10%)
Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law (BA4)
- A. Business Ethics and Ethical Conflict (30%)
- B. Corporate Governance, Controls and Corporate Social Responsibility (45%)
- C. General Principles of the Legal System, Contract and Employment Law (15%)
- D. Company Administration (10%)
CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting Exam
The CIMA exams for the Certificate in Business Accounting can be taken at any one of the 5,000 Pearson Vue Test Centre’s, across 178 countries around the world. Upon completion of your examination, you will immediately receive a provisional pass or fail grade.
- BA1 – 60 multiple choice questions, 2 hours
- BA2 – 60 multiple choice questions, 2 hours
- BA3 – 60 multiple choice questions, 2 hours
- BA4 – 85 multiple choice questions, 2 hours
There are CIMA exemptions for those who have accounting experience, completed AAT level 4 or who have already completed some CIMA training, so speak to an advisor today to discuss your specific requirement in more detail.