CeMAP Certificate in Mortgage Advice (Modules 2 and 3) - Virtual Classroom
All individuals looking to become a Mortgage Adviser in the UK, are required to complete all the necessary exams to achieve a professional qualification, such as the ‘Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice’ (CeMAP). This is a legal requirement by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
80% of Mortgage Advisers in the UK are qualified through CeMAP and these qualifications are awarded by the London Institute of Banking & Finance, and accredited by Ofqual.
Before enrolling in this course, all individuals will need to complete the CeMAP 1 training course.
We're proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 13,000 reviews from our past students.
Is the CeMAP 2 and CeMAP 3 course suitable for me?
This course is ideal for all aspiring Mortgage Advisers in the UK. By acquiring your CeMAP certifications, you can become a fully licensed advisor ready to start an exciting career.
In the UK, there are strict regulations relating to mortgages and advice that comes with them. That is why the course is required to show you have the skills to act professionally. Many Mortgage Advisers study CeMAP due to its comprehensive guide that will provide essential skills to pass all exams while working.
The CeMAP qualification is held over 4 days in a virtual classroom or online with 6-months course access. Although, you can access all course material for a further 6-months if needed for an additional cost.
You must study the CeMAP Module 1 training course before enrolling in this one.
How will the CeMAP 2 and CeMAP 3 training course benefit me?
Once you have completed this course, you will:
- Become a great communicator.
- Be able to explain complex information to customers.
- Gain fundamental maths skills.
- Provide great customer service.
- Be motivated to hit sales targets.
- Gain IT skills and time-management skills.
Skills you will learn from the course include:
- Excellent at communicating.
- Being able to explain complex data concisely and clearly.
- Great Confidence.
- Mathematics knowledge.
- High drive and determination.
- Impressive customer service.
- Good IT and time-management awareness.
What jobs can I apply for after my CeMAP 2 and CeMAP 3 training?
CeMAP qualifications are recognised throughout the industry, validating your knowledge, skills and understanding of Mortgage Advice principles and rules.
Once you have studied the CeMAP 1 qualification, you can start training for your CeMAP 2 and CeMAP 3 qualifications, working towards becoming a fully licensed Mortgage Adviser.
Typically, you can expect to earn 30k annually as a Mortgage Adviser. If you hit your targets, you will benefit from a healthy commission structure, where your earnings can exceed £50k.
Other roles you can apply for:
- Private Banking Assistant – £33k
- Relationship Support Assistant – £33k
- Protection Adviser – £50k
- Business Owner – Mortgage Adviser – £30-£55k+
Once you have gained experience, you can lead a Mortgage Advice Team that will offer you more responsibility along with higher earning potential.
Why choose to study the CeMAP 2 and CeMAP 3 course with e-Careers?
During your 4-day training, you will learn from an accredited trainer who has the latest course materials, presentations, and mock exams. We will be there until you have passed your exams, and you will have access to all learning m`aterial for 6-months through our eLearning platform. If you experience any issues when studying, our friendly tutor support will provide crucial help when needed for 6-months.
Additional benefits include:
- Price guaranteed
- Tutor support
- We are a learning provider of CeMAP training
- The pass rate is an exceptional 93%
- Professional teachers that are fully accredited
Earning your CeMAP qualification requires you to study and complete all three courses and their respective modules, plus pass your exams. Most people study all three modules in one go, but it is possible to study CeMAP 1 first and then progress onto CeMAP 2 and CeMAP 3 after.
- Policies and practices that affect mortgages
- Mortgage Laws
- Insurance Policies
- Post completion issues and arrears
- Complete sales process in relation to mortgage advising
The assessment of mortgage advice knowledge tests your understanding of the technical details to assess your ability to apply the knowledge covered.
Once you have completed CeMAP Module 1 the next step would be for you to undertake your CeMAP Module 2 & 3 qualification.
Throughout this CeMAP Module 3 course you will:
- Application of your mortgage advice knowledge. Learn how to apply knowledge to realistic scenarios, to help you prepare yourself for employment.
CeMAP 2 Exam Details
The exam for CeMAP 2 covers the course materials learned throughout module 2, with a focus on the mortgage application process, including:
- Unit 3 – Mortgage Law, Policy, Practice & Markets
- Unit 4 – Mortgage Applications
- Unit 5 – Mortgage Payment Methods & Products
- Unit 6 – Mortgage Arrears & Post Completion Issues
CeMAP 3 Exam Details
The exam for CeMAP 3 covers the course materials learned throughout module 3, with a focus on how to apply all the knowledge gained into real-world scenarios, including:
- Unit 7 – Assessment of Mortgage Advice & Knowledge
The exam for CeMAP 2 will be a 2-hour objective exam, comprising 100 multiple-choice questions and the CeMAP 3 exam will be a 2-hour objective exam comprising 6 case studies, each with 10 linked multiple-choice questions.
Register with the London Institute of Banking & Finance to take your exams. The exams (including registration fees) are not included in the cost of the course. There is an exam fee of £190 per module (£380 for both) and you can apply to take your exam anytime throughout the year, including via a test centre or remote invigilation online. The cost of a re-sit exam is £160 per exam.
Exam Pass Guarantee
We have found Virtual Classroom training has provided higher pass rates, which has made us confident to offer an ‘Exam Pass Guarantee’, so you know we’ll support you until you are certified.
With our Exam Pass Guarantee, if you do not pass the exam after attending this training course with us, you will be eligible to attend the same training again for free.
All we ask is that you:
- Attend all class days and complete all assignments.
- Take the exam within 30 days of completing your Virtual Classroom Training.
- Request your course re-enrolment within 30 days of the failed exam attempt.
Students retaking the course are required to use the materials and books distributed to them in their original course session. Failure to provide these materials will result in the student being charged for replacement materials.
Exam Pass Guarantee does not include the re-sit exam, this would need to be purchased at an additional cost.