CeMAP Certificate in Mortgage Advice (Module 1)
Are you thinking about becoming a Mortgage Adviser? You will first need to have a professional certification like CeMAP® 'Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice’ before you can legally provide mortgage advice. The reason for this is that all UK mortgages are regulated by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority).
With 80% of UK Mortgage Advisers holding this certification, this is the benchmark for teaching you the different regulations in the mortgage sector, whilst also teaching you the different factors that can affect your clients’ financial plans.
However, this is just the first step. If you want to be a fully qualified Mortgage Adviser, you will also need to study the CeMAP Modules 1, 2 & 3 package.
We're proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 13,000 reviews from our past students.
Is the CeMAP 1 training course suitable for me?
Gaining this certification and being licenced to practice is compulsory for those wanting to become a Mortgage Adviser, but there are no prerequisites to enrol on this course.
When will I get the CeMAP 1 certification?
This course contains around 70 hours’ worth of course materials, helping you learn the subject thoroughly. We have found that the large majority of our students complete the course well under 6-months. As some students work faster than others, we will provide you with access to the eLearning course for 6-months, which can be extended if needed for an additional cost.
How will the CeMAP 1 course benefit me?
This CeMAP 1 training course will teach you everything you need to get started with your full CeMAP training.
This course offers:
- An updated Syllabus – We always use the most modern and up-to-date CeMAP syllabus, ensuring that what you learn will be relevant when you start working.
- Flexibility – When you complete this qualification, you will gain the skills and knowledge needed to work for a bank, a firm specialising in mortgage advice, or as a freelancer.
- Job satisfaction – It is rewarding knowing that you are at the heart of helping individuals purchase their homes and making a positive difference in their lives.
What jobs can I apply for after my CeMAP Certificate in Mortgage Advice training?
Before applying for Mortgage Advisory roles, you must first finish learning about all three of the CeMAP modules, including the CeMAP Modules 2 & 3 qualification. Once you have gained these qualifications, you can interview for jobs as a Mortgage Adviser, Mortgage Broker, Protection Adviser, both in the public and private banking sectors.
On average, the salary for a Mortgage Adviser in the UK is £30,000 per year. On top of this, you may also be offered a commission package, where your earning potential could exceed £50,000 per year. After you have some experience in the industry, you could become a manager, vastly increasing your wage possibilities.
Job roles many students apply for after gaining the CeMAP qualifications include:
- Private Banking Assistant – £33k
- Relationship Support Assistant – £33k
- Protection Adviser – £50k
- Business Owner – Mortgage Adviser – £30-£55k+
Due to the demand for Mortgage Advisers in the property market, now is the perfect time to work towards a career in this industry.
- Confident communicator.
- Explain complicated information and processes to clients in a simple manner.
- Customer-first attitude, delivering excellent customer service constantly.
- Hardworking and determined attitude to gain the targets set for you.
- Competent at IT and good time-management skills.
Why choose to study the CeMAP 1 course with e-Careers?
As the UK’s leading provider of CeMAP training, we take pride in our 93% pass-rate success. We also offer interest-free payment options and have the best price for CeMAP courses in the UK.
We have designed these courses to be easy to learn, and our trainers all have many years of experience in the industry. You will also be able to take advantage of the flexibility that this online course offers, allowing you to study wherever you are, whenever you want. Mock exams are also provided to give you the best preparation you need to pass your exam.
This course contains some complex methods and concepts which may be difficult to understand. Thankfully, we offer Tutor Support for you at no extra cost, allowing you to ask questions you may have, ensuring you understand any confusing principles! All our tutors will hold regular webinars to go through other topic areas in more detail to make sure you understand the course materials and are prepared for your exams.
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 605,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
Syllabus & Exams
CeMAP 1 Syllabus
Our CeMAP Module 1 training course will provide you with the fundamental knowledge necessary to embark on a career as a Mortgage Adviser, Protection Adviser, or a career in public or private Banking. You'll be introduced to the Financial Services Environment, UK Financial Services and UK Financial Regulations.
As this is an online training course, you can study the CeMAP Module 1 from the comfort of your own home, with 24/7 access, enabling you to study when and where it suits you best. Our course materials are engaging, helping you to learn through interactive lessons, end of section quizzes and video tutorials.
We'll also provide you with tutor support, where you can speak with one of our experienced course mentors, should you find any topics difficult to understand.
CeMAP 1 Syllabus
The CeMAP Module 1 training comprising two units:
- Introduction to Financial Services Environment and Products.
- UK Financial Services and Regulation.
Your knowledge of the course materials will be tested with a 2-hour multiple-choice exam.
Once you have completed your CeMAP Module 1 qualification, you can start training for your CeMAP Modules 2 & 3 qualifications which will enable you to earn your Level 3 Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice, and legally start working in this sector.
- Explore the structure and purpose of the UK financial services industry and why financial regulation is such an important area to understand as a professional mortgage Adviser.
- Understand the Data Protection Act 1998, the FCA regulation and its conduct of business rule so that when you work as a Mortgage Adviser, you can do so with confidence and a thorough understanding.
- Learn more about legal concepts, how they apply to the advice you will give, and how legislation and regulation work together within the financial services.
- Show an understanding of UK taxation and social security systems.
- Learn how to deal with compensation claims and complaints should any issues arise within your future business.
- Understand how the volatility of interest rates can affect a mortgage customer, including how the fluctuation of interest rates can affect affordability and acceptance for mortgages.
CeMAP 1 Exam Details
The exam for CeMAP 1 covers the course materials learned throughout the module 1 course, focusing on UK Financial Regulation (UKFR), including:
- Unit 1 – Introduction to Financial Services, Environment and Products.
- Unit 2 – UK Financial Services and Regulation.
Register with the London Institute of Banking & Finance to take your exams. The exams (including registration fees) are not included in the cost of the course. The exam will comprise a 2-hour objective exam, with 100 multiple-choice questions.
There is an exam fee of £190 and you can apply to take your exam anytime throughout the year. The cost of a re-sit exam is £160.