BCS EXIN Foundation Certificate in Agile Scrum
The BCS Exin Foundation Certificate in Agile Scrum enables you to earn a unique qualification, which combines Agile service management techniques with Scrum development frameworks.
We have developed this unique learning pathway to provide a holistic approach to embed Agile practices throughout an organisation. This Agile training certificate offers the knowledge, tools, and capability for you to manage change and deliver products and services.
Upon completion of this training course, delegates should be able to demonstrate:
- The Agile way of thinking
- Scrum practices
- Scrum Planning and Estimation
- Monitoring Scrum Projects
- Advanced Scrum Concepts
This Agile Scrum training course has been developed to provide the essential knowledge, skills, and tools to help your organisation manage change.
While the Agile way of thinking is typically found within the field of software development, the principles are continually being applied in other projects. Scrum is the most used Agile methodology, suitable for professionals looking to keep their knowledge up to date with the latest developments in the fields of IT and Project Management.
This course suits individuals who are responsible for leading or participating in projects within the areas of Project Management, Software development, IT Service, and Business Management.
This course benefits from 1-year BCS membership worth £92.
We're proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 13,000 reviews from our past students.
Is the Agile Scrum course suitable for me?
This Agile Scrum training course would suit Project managers, Software Developers, Product Managers, IT Service Managers and Business Managers interested in Agile practices.
We also recommend this training course for those interested in gaining an understanding of Agile Scrum, and organisational leaders and managers looking to understand the value of Agile Scrum practices.
What jobs can I apply for after my Agile Scrum training?
We typically find that our delegates on this course are in, or move into, the following job roles:
- Business Managers - £35K
- Software Developer - £38K
- Project Managers - £43K
- Product Manager - £50K
- IT Service Manager - £50K
Why study the Agile Scrum course with e-Careers?
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 605,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
You will also benefit:
- By enhancing your career prospects.
- Learning from expert trainers, with vast experience in this field.
- Interest-free payment options.
BCS Membership Benefits
This course benefits from 1 years BCS membership worth £92, which is eligible from the moment you pass your first exam.
Benefits of this associate’s membership include:
- Professional recognition
- Career development
- Knowledge and best practice
- Exclusive discounts and offer
Read the full membership details.
Syllabus & Exams
Agile Scrum Foundation Syllabus
Delegates should be able to demonstrate the ability to understand and explain Agile concepts in the following areas:
- Agile Way of Thinking – 10%
- Scrum Practices – 45%
- Scrum Planning and Estimation – 22.5%
- Monitoring Scrum Projects – 12.5%
- Advanced Scrum Concepts – 10%
Agile Way of Thinking – 10%
- Concepts of Agile and Scrum
- Recognise how transformation to an Agile environment works
- Recognise how Agility brings value, predictability, and flexibility
- Describe the Agile Manifesto
- Recognise Agile methods and practices other than Scrum
Scrum Practices – 45%
- Scrum roles
- Explain the Product Owner role
- Explain the Scrum Master role
- Explain the Development Team role
- Recognise the role of a traditional Project Manager
- Scrum events
- Explain the characteristics of time-boxed events
- Explain the characteristics of Sprints
- Explain the characteristics of the Daily Scrum
- Explain the characteristics of the Sprint Review and the Sprint Retrospective
- The importance of the Backlog
- Explain the characteristics of a good Product and Sprint Backlog
- Recognise good User Stories and Backlog items
- Explain how to refine the Product Backlog items
- Definition of Done
- Explain the importance of a good Definition of Done.
Scrum Planning and Estimation – 22.5%
- Scrum Planning
- Explain what happens during Sprint Planning meetings
- Understand the rituals and the importance of the Daily Scrum
- Understand how to determine the duration of a Sprint
- Scrum Estimation
- Explain estimation techniques: Planning Poker, Triangulation and Affinity
- Understand how to compute estimates using Ideal Days or Story Points
- Understand how Backlog items are ordered
Monitoring Scrum Projects – 12.5%
- Scrum Monitoring
- Understand Burn-Down charts
- Understand how to monitor Sprint progress
- Understand how to compute the velocity of the Team
- Understand Kanban boards
- Understand the concept and value of Information Radiators
Advanced Scrum Concepts – 10%
- Scrum in different situations
- Recognise how to apply Scrum in large, complex projects
- Recognise how to apply Scrum with distributed teams
- Understand different types of contracts in Scrum
- Understand how to create an Agile workspace
Agile Scrum Foundation Exam Details
Exam Type - Multiple-choice.
Number of questions - 100.
Duration - 120 minutes.
Supervised - Yes.
Open Book - No.
Pass Mark – 65/100 (65%).