Basic Digital Technology Skills
This three-hour online course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of IT.
It assumes little, or no previous knowledge of operating IT equipment and will provide a good all-round introduction to computers and computing. It starts with switching on, and considers how to navigate windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The course moves on to sending emails and will cover saving, storing, and printing data.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- send, receive emails and manage email settings;
- use a web browser and manage browser settings and bookmarks;
- use a computer safely and securely;
- use effective file management and
- understand the basic functions of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This online course is tutor-led will cover the following areas:
- how to use a mouse and keyboard;
- how to log onto a computer;
- the Windows interface;
- using the internet safely and security issues;
- file management;
- sending emails and
- an introduction to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Course Contact Details